Hobby Master HH1202 – 1/72 Scale AH-64D Apache Longbow Diecast Model
Hobby Master HH1202 diecast model replicates in 1/72 scale, the Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow attack helicopter s/n 05-7011. Assigned to the 1st Attack Reconnaissance Battalion, 1st Aviation Regiment “Gunslinger”, Combat Aviation Brigade of the 1st Infantry Division, US Army. While deployed to Camp Speicher, Tikrit, Iraq during 2010.
Hobby Master 1/72 Scale Boeing AH-64D Apache Longbow diecast model details
Diecast Model Dimensions:
- Rotor diameter 20.3 cm 8.00 in Approx
- Length 24.6 cm 9.70 in Approx.
Diecast Model Features Include:
- Constructed with metal and plastic components
- Display stand included.
1st Attack Reconnaissance Battalion
The 1st Attack Reconnaissance Battalion (AH-64D) along with the 2nd General Support Aviation Battalion (UH-60) are units of the 1st Aviation Regiment “Gunslinger”. Part of the Combat Aviation Brigade of the 1st Infantry Division (The Big Red One), US Army, based at Fort Riley, Kansas.
Boeing AH-64 Apache
The Boeing AH-64 Apache is an American tandem two-seat, twin-turboshaft, attack helicopter. It was developed by Hughes Helicopters for the United States Army to replace the AH-1 Cobra. McDonnell Douglas purchased Hughes Helicopters in 1984 and merged with Boeing in August 1997.
The aircraft’s maiden flight occurred on September 30, 1975. Entered service in 1986 with the 7th Battalion, 17th Cavalry Brigade, US Army and first saw combat in 1989 with the US military in Panama. The Apache is in service with several nations, including Greece, Japan, Israel, the Netherlands, Singapore, and the United Arab Emirates. It is produced under license in the United Kingdom by AgustaWestland. The improved AH-64E Apache Guardian that entered service in 2011 has superseded the Longbow.
One of the innovations of the Apache is the Integrated Helmet and Display Sighting System (IHADSS) helmet-mounted displays, allowing both crewmen to aim the M203 Chain Gun with head movements. Target acquisition, night vision systems and a television camera are nose-mounted. An unusual feature is the uneven spacing of the tail rotor blades, placed at 55° and 125° angles and are non-coplanar. Referred to as a scissors tail rotor it gives a marked reduction in noise and improved thrust.
The upgraded AH-64D Apache Longbow first flew on March 17 with deliveries commencing in April. Equipped with a glass cockpit and expanded forward fuselage to house new systems. Advanced sensors including the AN/APG-78 Longbow millimeter-wave fire-control radar (FCR) target acquisition system capable concurrently tracking a maximum of 128 objects and engage up to 16. A Radar Frequency Interferometer (RFI) to identify and the direction of enemy radar. Both the FCR and RFI are in the dome above the main rotor. More powerful T700-GE-701C engines as well as improve survivability, navigation and communications systems.
Boeing Ah-64D Apache Longbow Specifications
- Crew: two, pilot, and co-pilot/gunner
- Fuselage length: 15.06 m (49 ft 5 in)
- Length including rotor overhang: 17.73 m (58.17 ft)
- Rotor diameter: 14.63 m (48 ft)
- Height: 3.87 m (12.7 ft)
- Rotor systems: four-bladed main and tail rotors
- Empty weight: 5,165 kg (11,387 lb)
- Powerplant: two General Electric T700-GE-701 turboshafts
- Avionics: AN/APG-78 Longbow fire-control radar
- Countermeasures: radar warning receiver and jammer, Radar Frequency Interferometer Electronic Support target acquisition system, infra-red countermeasures, laser warning receiver and chaff dispensers
- External fuel tanks: one 870 L (230 gals) tank for extended attack missions, up to four for ferrying.
- Guns: one 30 mm (1.18 in) M230 Chain Gun mounted between the main landing gear, under the forward fuselage
- Hardpoints: six total, four on the stub wings. One on each wingtip
- Ordnance: Hellfire air to surface, Stinger air to air and Spike anti-tank, Sidearm anti-radar missiles. Hydra 70 rocket pods.
- Cruise speed: 265 km/h (165 mph), Mach 0.22
- Maximum speed: 293 km/h (182 mph), Mach 0.24
- MTOW: 10,433 kg (23,000 lb)
- Range: 476 km (295 mi)
- Ferry range: 1,900 km (1,180 mi)
- Service ceiling: 6,400 m (21,000 ft).
Hobby Master HH1202 – 1/72 scale diecast model of the AH-64D Apache Longbow attack helicopter s/n 05-7011, 1st Attack Reconnaissance Battalion, 1st Aviation Regiment “Gunslinger”, Combat Aviation Brigade, 1st Infantry Division, US Army, Iraq during 2010.