Hobby Master 1/48 Air Power Series
|Length||18.6 cm||7.3 in||Approx|
|Wingspan||20.7 cm||8.1 in||Approx|
- Constructed with metal and plastic components
- Undercarriage displayable extended or retracted
- Removable crew figurine
- Canopy displayable opened or closed
- Display stand included.
Hobby Master HA8750 – 1/48 Scale Messerschmitt BF 109G-6, Luftwaffe
Hobby Master diecast model HA8750 replicates in 1/48 scale the Messerschmitt BF 109G-6 of the aircraft flown by Erich Hartmann, Staffelkapitän of 4./JG 52, Luftwaffe while in Hungary during 1944.
Erich Alfred Hartmann (1922 – 1993), a German fighter pilot of World War II, is the most successful fighter ace of all time with 352 aerial victories. In 1956 he joined the newly established West German Air Force becoming the first Geschwaderkommodore of Jagdgeschwader 71 “Richthofen”. He retired in 1970 with the rank of Oberst (Bundeswehr), awarded the Knight’s Cross of the Iron Cross with Oak Leaves, Swords and Diamonds.
Messerschmitt Bf 109
The Messerschmitt Bf 109 is a German single-seat and single-engine fighter. One of the most advanced fighters of the era, it first flew on May 29, 1935, and first saw combat with the “Condor Legion” during the Spanish Civil War and achieved more aerial victories than any other type of World War II. The last Bf 109s were withdrawn from Luftwaffe service in May 1945 but remained with the Spanish Air Force until December 1965. Germany supplied the Bf 109 to several allies and postwar was built in Czechoslovakia, Spain and Switzerland.
The airframe is an all-metal structure with a semi-monocoque fuselage, enclosed cockpit and retractable landing gear, all advanced features of the time. Wings are low mounted cantilevered design with a conventional single-fin tail.
The Junkers Jumo 210, a liquid-cooled inverted V12 engine, powered most of the pre-war variants, later the Daimler-Benz DB 601 and DB 605 liquid-cooled inverted V12 engines. The BF 109-E had a maximum speed of 560 km/h (348 mph), a range of 660 km (410 mi) and service ceiling: 10,500 m (34,450 ft).
Armament consisted of two 13 mm (.51 in) synchronised MG 131 machine guns mounted in the engine cowling, atop the engine firing through the propeller arc. A single cannon firing through a blast tube between the engine cylinder banks, known as a Motorkanone. The first with wing-mounted guns was the C-1 with an MG 17 in each wing. Later variants could carry two field-installed 20 mm MG 151/20 under-wing cannon pods and racks for bombs or rockets.