Hobby Master HA8109 – 1/48 Scale Stearman N2s-3 “Kaydet” Diecast Model
Hobby Master HA8109 diecast model replicates in 1/48 scale the Stearman (Boeing) N2S-3 s/n 39123 of the United States Navy from an unknown unit, circa 1944.
Hobby Master 1/48 scale Stearman (Boeing) N2S diecast model details
|Length||15.7 cm||7.20 in||Approx|
|Wingspan||20.4 cm||9.52 in||Approx|
Diecast model features include:
- Constructed with metal and plastic components
- Display stand included.
Stearman (Boeing) Model 75
The Stearman (Boeing) Model 75 “Kaydet” is an American single-engine biplane military primary trainer. Developed from the Model 70 that first flew on January 1, 1934, the Model 75 entered service with the United States Army Air Forces later that year. The last of the type manufactured rolled off the production line on February 16, 1945. The Stearman Aircraft Co. became the Stearman Aircraft Division of Boeing during 1934 with the majority of the aircraft designated as Boeings.
It served with the United States Army Air Forces, the United States Navy, and the Royal Canadian Air Force through World War II. In USAAF service the Kaydet received one of three designations depending on the radial engine fitted. The original version powered with the Lycoming R–680 received the designation PT-13. The PT-17, the most popular, used the Continental R–670 and the PT-18, the Jacobs R–775. The Navy’s designated these aircraft N2S-1 to N2S-5 based on the engine used.
Postwar thousands of surplus aircraft entered the civilian market, prevalent as crop dusters or sports planes. A considerable number of Stearmans remain flying today throughout the world.
Stearman (Boeing) PT-17 “Kaydet” Specifications
- Crew: two, pilot and student
- Length: 7.54 m (24 ft 9 in)
- Wingspan: 9.81 m (32 ft 2 in)
- Height: 3 m (9 ft 8 in)
- Empty weight: 878 kg (1,931 lb)
- Powerplant: single Continental R-670-5 air-cooled radial engine.
- Guns: six 0.50 in (12.7 mm) AN/M2 Browning machine guns.
- Maximum speed: 217 km/h (135 mph), Mach 0.177
- Cruise speed: 155 km/h (96 mph), Mach 0.126
- MTOW: 1,200 kg (2,635 lb)
- Range: 1,337 km (830 mi)
- Service ceiling: 4,024 m (113,200 ft).