Hobby Master HA6301 – 1/72 Scale Sukhoi Su-34 Diecast Model
Hobby Master HA6301 diecast model replicates in 1/72 scale the Sukhoi Su-34 (NATO reporting name: Fullback), s/n RF-95803, Bort Number “Red 03”, while deployed to Russia’s Hmeymin airbase, Syria in Jan 2015. Russian Su-34s first deployed to Syria in September 2015 and have since participated in operations against ISIL and anti government forces.
Hobby Master 1/72 scale Sukhoi Su-34 diecast model details
|Length||32.4 cm||12.75 in||Approx|
|Wingspan||20.4 cm||8.03 in||Approx|
Diecast Model Features Include:
- Constructed with metal and plastic components
- Undercarriage displayable extended or retracted
- Display stand included.
The Sukhoi Su-34 (NATO reporting name: Fullback) is a Russian twin-engine, two-seat, all-weather, medium-range, supersonic aircraft. The Su-34s is primary a strike aircraft with air superiority a secondary role; it is also capable of the aerial reconnaissance mission. The maiden flight took place on April 13, 1990, and entered service in March 2014 with the Russian Air Force.
Based on the Sukhoi Su-27 Flanker it shares most of the wing structure, tail and engine nacelles, along with all-moving canards ahead of the wings for increase maneuverability. Expanded internal fuel capacity and increased take-off weight. The central tail boom houses a rear-facing scanning radar array. The forward fuselage is a new design, the nose section contains an advanced, multi-mode, phased array radar with terrain following and avoidance modes. The cockpit, a titanium armoured capsule, seating the two crew side-by-side with enough room to stand or lay down. The area immediately aft of the cockpit has a full in-flight galley and toilet.
Sukhoi Su-34 specifications
- Crew: two, pilot and navigator/weapons operator
- Length: 23.34 m (72 ft 2 in)
- Wingspan: 14.70 m (48 ft 3 in)
- Height: 6.09 m (19 ft 5 in)
- Empty weight: 22,500 kg (49,608 lb)
- Engine: two Saturn AL-31FM1 afterburning turbofans.
- Guns: one 30 mm Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-30-1 autocannon mounted internally in the starboard wing root
- Hardpoints: twelve external hard-points able to carry up to 8,000 kg (17,600 lb) of payload. One on each wingtip, three under each wing, two under fuselage on centre-line and one on the underside of each engine air intake
- Ordnance: Air-to-air, Air-to-surface, Anti-shipping, Anti-radiation and Cruise missiles. Bombs include laser-guided, TV-guided, satellite-guided, general purpose and cluster. Rocket launchers
- Other: electronic countermeasures systems, radio surveillance system, Radar Warning Receiver and passive electronically scanned array radar. Up to three external drop tanks.
- Maximum speed: 2,000 km/h+, (1,200 mph), Mach 1.8+ at altitude
- Range: 1,100 km (680 mi; 590 nmi) at low altitude
- Ferry Range: 4,000 km (2,490 mi)
- MTOW: 45,100 kg (99,425 lb)
- Service ceiling: 15,000 m (49,200 ft).
Hobby Master HA6301 – 1/72 scale diecast model of the Sukhoi Su-34 s/n RF-95803, Bort Number “Red 03”, Russian Air Force, Syria, Jan 2015