Calibre Wings CA722402 – 1/72 Scale Sukhoi Su-24MR Diecast Model
Calibre Wings CA722402 diecast model replicates in 1/72 scale the Sukhoi Su-24MR, (NATO reporting name: Fencer E) bort number “Yellow 15”. Part of the 7th Brigade of Tactical Aviation (BrTA) “Petr Franco”, Ukrainian Air Force based at Starokostiantyniv Air Base. The Su-24MR is a tactical reconnaissance variant that entered service in 1983. The Ukrainian Air Force currently operates the SU-24 M (NATO reporting name: Fencer D), identifiable by the white bort number and the SU-24MR with yellow bort numbers.
Calibre Wings 1/72 scale Sukhoi Su-24MR diecast model details
|Length||35.0 cm||13.78 in||Approx|
|Wingspan swept||14.4 cm||5.67 in||Approx|
|Wingspan spread||24.5 cm||9.65 in||Approx|
Diecast model features include:
- Constructed with metal and plastic components
- Wings sweep
- Undercarriage displayable extended or retracted
- Canopy displayable open or closed
- Engine covers included
- Display stand included.
The Sukhoi Su-24 (NATO reporting name: Fencer) is a Soviet twin-engined supersonic, low-level all-weather attack aircraft. The shoulder mounted wings are of a variable-sweep design; the two crew sit side-by-side. It first flew on July 2, 1967, and entered frontline service in 1973, replacing the Yak-28 in Soviet service. Its first use in combat was during the Soviet war in Afghanistan.
The aircraft’s avionics were advance for the time with an integrated digital navigation/attack system. The subsystems included, pulse-Doppler radar for navigation and targeting, terrain-following radar coupled to an autopilot. A laser targeting system, an infrared sensor, defensive countermeasures system, radar warning receiver (RWR), jammers. Short, medium, and long-range radio navigation aids, identification friend or foe (IFF) transponder and instrument landing system (ILS).
Sukhoi Su-24MR Specifications
The Su-24MR is a tactical reconnaissance variant. It first flew on July 25, 1980, and entered service in 1983. It has the attack radar and avionics along with the cannon replaced with panoramic cameras, side-looking airborne radar and infrared reconnaissance system, along with podded sensors.
- Crew: two, pilot and weapons systems operator
- Length: 24.53 m (80 ft 6 in)
- Wingspan: with wings spread 17.64 m (57 ft 10 in), swept 10.37 m (34 ft)
- Height: 6.19 m (20 ft 4 in)
- Empty weight: 22,100 kg (48,722 lb)
- Engines: two Lyulka AL-21F-3A afterburning turbojets.
- Guns: one internal 23 mm Gryazev-Shipunov GSh-6-23M cannon
- Hardpoints: six hardpoints, two under fuselage on the centerline, two under each wing
- Ordnance: two R-60 air-to-air missiles and ECM pods for self-defence.
- Maximum speed: 1430 km/h (889 mph) Mach 1.16
- MTOW: 39,700 kg (87,523 lb)
- Combat range: 650 km (404 mi)
- Service ceiling: 11,000 m (36,090 ft).
Calibre Wings CA722402 – 1/72 scale diecast model of the Sukhoi Su-24MR (NATO reporting name: Fencer E), Bort number “Yellow 15”, 7th Brigade of Tactical Aviation (BrTA) “Petr Franco”, Ukrainian Air Force